Friday, November 21, 2008

US car makers told to submit new recovery plan

As has now been quite well reported the car makers of the USA did not impress and have to comeback a little better prepared than the last effort.

Clearly the big two GM and Ford are also very important to Australia and indeed our Government has put up a few bucks to help out. Must say I am not quite sure where Toyota sits in all this but again Australian Car Making is very much reliant on the Japanese Giant, and they have also shared in the generosity of the Australian taxpayer. In fact Toyota appear to be weathering the storm better than most.

I would however like to extend my sympathy, in some small part at least, and suggest to the Congress that when the car makers return to the table that perhaps the Unions better be sitting alongside with cap in hand as well. I fear there is not enough said about the role they have played in bringing the industry to its knees.

Hmmm, I wonder if the leader of the House will subscribe to my Blog.
Post a Comment