Sunday, September 4, 2016

Honey the Elixir of Life

Over the years I have suffered Hayfever and Allergic Asthma. In the Spring and Autumn in particular this has been a longtime issue often ending in upper respiratory and bronchial infections.

A couple of years ago I was listening to Naturopath Jeanie Morella on radio tell me how great Natural Honey was for one's overall health. The list of benefits just seemed endless.

I wandered around to the Semaphore Health Food Store and picked up my first kilo of the Amber from Kangaroo Island and I have not stopped. Honey is about the only product that I know does not go off - it might candy up overtime as the natural sugars crystallise but that is easily fixed by popping the jar in some warm water.

You have to know whilst not completely cured as such, my symptoms have been greatly reduced, I have not visited a Doctor and the use of Asthma Medications is also greatly reduced. I can say I have not had a Cold in all of that time.

Why Kangaroo Island Natural Honey? Well Kangaroo Island is a Ligurian Bee Sanctuary and is recognised globally as the disease free home of this magnificent little critter.


Kangaroo Island is GM Free and has large areas of natural vegetation and I believe this enhances the magnificent quality of the product these little guys produce. I believe my allergies are heightened by Acacia, Melaleuca and some winter grass flowers. The natural processing of the nectars of these plants in honey in my opinion has increased the natural protection for me in the Histamine levels generated by the pollen of these flowers.

A good friend of mine and his family during the year started breeding Queen Bee Ligurians and producing their own Natural Honey, you can go check them out here LS Beez (just click the link). They made the huge decision to start their own venture in the last 12 months and have taken it on with a great deal of trepidation and enthusiasm.

I have naturally given their product a bit of a run and certainly the benefits to me and my health personally are in my opinion noticeable and all I can say is a teaspoon of honey two or three times a week maybe daily when I feel a bit "skitchy" in the throat has seen this old man survive seasons that have scared him to death for decades.




This year they entered their product in the Royal Agricultural and Horticultural Society Adelaide Show and proudly have taken out the 1st Place in the Light Amber Native Flora Class at this years judging.  Congratulations and please keep those little bees safe, well and working hard.


Honey - its good for you.


Post a Comment